Freshwater Pearls are delicate and gorgeous to be cherished for a lifelong time. Well, the luster of pearl jewelry is without doubt charming. Whether it is a pearl necklace or a pair of pearl earrings, you can’t help appreciating their gleam. If you’ve paid for your own Freshwater Pearl Jewelries, or maybe accepted the piece as a gift, it’s important to know how to look after it and maintain its beauty.
We already Know About Freshwater Pearl Jewelry, In order to maintain the beauty of Freshwater pearl, understanding how to care for them properly is essential. here are the steps and some useful tips for you.
Steps of clean your Freshwater Pearls
1,Find a very soft cloth. Choose either a jewelry cloth or a clean rag, preferably one made from cotton or bamboo fabric.Your pearls can be polished with a clean cloth that is either dry or slightly damp. Never use any harsh cleaners or solvents.
2,Wipe pearl jewelery gently before putting your pearl necklace away each time, to remove body oils and perspiration. Put a few drops of water onto the cloth, enough to dampen it and no more. Begin wiping the pearls one by one.
3,For every fifth wash of the pearls, they’ll need something a little stronger than simply a dampened cloth. Dip the soft cloth in warm, mildly soapy water. Do not use washing up liquid; use a very mild soap, such as castille soap without fragrance or color additives.
4,After washing your pearl, lay it flat in a moist kitchen towel to dry. When the towel is dry, your pearls should be dried too.
5,All clean! Your pearls should be looking polished and beautiful, and regular cleaning will help them stay in perfect condition.
All these methods can help you to maintain the iridescent luster of your pearl jewelry. No matter what to do or to say, it would better for you to keep soft and gentle care to your jewelry every time you wear it. And place it in the proper box for its elegance and beauty.
- If any of the knots seem loose, get them restrung, or do it yourself. Make a knot at each individual pearl, and using a needle, guide the knot all the way to the pearl before tying it.
- If your pearls are really dirty, you can clean them with a mild soap and water mixture and a soft cloth.
- Always protect your pearl necklace from sharp blows, scratching, chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold. Store your pearl necklace in a soft lined box or pouch, made from such fabric as silk, satin or velvet. Never use plastic pouches to store pearls, as this will cause them to dry out and crack.
- Pearl necklaces are strung with the silk and if that string stretches or loosens, it may break suddenly. Even if you don’t wear your pearl necklace often, it is recommended that you have the string replaced every 5 years.
- Skin oils (acidic elements), perfume, hairspray and makeup are common causes of deterioration in pearls. Wait until perfumes and sprays have dried before wearing your pearl necklace.
- Never use an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Never steam-clean pearls.
- Avoid storing pearls in an excessively dry place. Store your pearl jewellery in a separate pouch to prevent scratching pearl’s surface on sharp metal edges or prongs, or against harder gemstones.
- Avoid ultrasonic cleaners and never use jewellery cleaners containing ammonia chemicals containing ammonia, vinegar or abrasives to clean your pearl jewellery.
- Stay far away from products containing ammonia or other harsh detergents. NEVER clean in an ultrasonic cleanser.
You also search terms like:
- cleaning freshwater pearls
- cleaning fresh water pearls
- how to clean fresh water pearl
- how to clean freshwater pearls